Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Greenpeace

Yes, I am one of those people that do not buy into the global warming, er climate change, lie.  No I am not anti environment in fact I do a lot of camping, backpacking, canoeing, and kayaking and am very in tune with the environment.  

My problem with the global warming folks is that they are using scare tactics to get people to react but what will happen when all of these terrible things do not happen?  No rise in sea levels, no increase in temps, no increase in severe weather? People will be forever skeptical of environmental issues and it will be harder to get people to act appropriately.  There are real issues that we face with the environment that need to be addressed outside of global warming.  

I worked for Greenpeace one summer in Orlando (again proof that I am concerned about the environment)
and was very disappointed in what I saw and apparently I am not the only one: Why I left Greenpeace.

1 comment:

Queen Goob said...

But damn it, I KNOW those icecaps are melting......